GERIATRIC CARE MANAGEMENT
Planning for a Better Life
Constellation Geriatric Care Management is dedicated to helping elders, chronically ill adults and their families identify the best available resources, providers of care and living settings – and how to pay for them – now and in the future.
Constellation geriatric care managers are professionals with a strong health care background, most often in nursing or social work, backed by significant work experience. Our care managers work with each client and family to create a comprehensive plan that can be adjusted as needs shift.
Our goal is to assist our clients and families to achieve peace of mind and confidence in the future. We accomplish that by always being proactive – focusing on planned transitions over the client’s lifetime – instead of merely reacting to situations and events.
We try to help our clients reach their functional and psychosocial potential, enabling them to live as independently and safely as possible in the least restrictive setting, while giving their families peace of mind.
Quite simply, it is all about getting the right care at the right time, at a cost that is affordable.
Constellation Geriatric Care Management services are individualized to the client/family needs and may involve any combination of the following:
- Comprehensive assessment
- Plan of care development for current and future needs: social, housing, health care and financial
- Coordination of care with other providers and services
- Evaluation of alternate care and living arrangements and transition support
- Referral and liaison between the client and other professionals
- Supportive counseling to clients and families to resolve issues and disputes related to the client
- Provision of regular visits to the client – at home, assisted living or nursing home
- Communications and updates to busy families nearby and at a distance
- Identification of potential and actual medical and social issues and response to emergency situations
- Assistance with insurance documentation, Medicaid applications, bill paying
- Escort to physician appointments
Constellation Geriatric Care Management carefully follows the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers’ Standards of Practice and Pledge of Ethics.